Data protection and GDPR
On the 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force. This strengthens the security of data held within organisations. A link to the School's Data Protection Policy is below.
As parents you will have the right to:
- be informed about how we use your personal data
- request access to the data
- request that the data is amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- request that the processing of your data is restricted
- object to your personal data being processed.
A Privacy Notice for parents has been prepared by the School. This includes information such as your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). A link to the Privacy Notice is below.
Subject access requests can be submitted by making a formal request to email@example.com
Schools are required to appoint a data protection officer (DPO). The DPO for our School is one of our governors, Henry Loweth. He can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org. or through the School Office.
You can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113, use their live chat or visit their website should you require further information.